Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Could this be ANYTHING other than herpes?? Please help!!?

I had oral sex with a new partner recently who said "he is clean and has no std's." About a week afterwards I got a horrible vaginal yeast infection, and a misshapen spot on the left side of one of my labia minora. I freaked out thinking this was a herpes bump. I had several bumps around my vagina, but im pretty sure those specifically were just shave bumps, like I regularly get from shaving. And they went away after a few days and did not hurt at all. When I went to the doctor, she said I had just a horrible yeast infection, and said the misshapen spot didn't look like a fever blister or wart or anything, and was probably just swollen from the yeast infection. I also got tested for all STD's except herpes, which came back negative, but then again I know I will need to get tested again bc it was only a week after exposure. Well a week or so after that, I had taken all my yeast infection meds and felt generally better down there. But then...my mouth started doing weird things. As far as I could tell at first, there were no cold sore looking things anywhere in my mouth, but my entire tongue felt like I had burnt it. As time went on, one side of my tongue started burning the most. But all I could see near that spot on my tongue was my tastebuds. Well now its been about a week since then, and my whole tongue doesn't feel quite so burny, but it still burns on that one side the most and every once in awhile I feel the rest of the tongue still feeling a little sensitive. I also can feel with my tongue some tiny bumps on the very back left of my mouth on my gums close to the floor of my mouth, so I can't see what they look like at all. I also recently discovered tiny red bumps on the floor of my mouth under my tongue. As far as I can tell, they don't hurt. The ones on the gums in the back left tingle a little but are close to the spot on my tongue where it is burny, so it is hard to tell if I can feel those bumps. And sometimes I don't even notice the tingly tongue when I'm not thinking about it, or when i'm drinking something I don't really feel it at all. I also (on and off) have felt like something is stuck in my throat. Sometimes I feel it and sometimes I don't. Mainly the only thing that really hurts painfully has been that one spot on my tongue that felt like i bit it or something. But where i've found actual spots, merely tingles mainly IF i'm thinking about them. I still have the misshapen spot on my labia, but it does not look like a blister, still just looks like extra skin, and it has not changed in size, shape, anything. I have looked over and over to see if I have any actual blisters around my vaginal area, and so far haven't found any, and hopefully I don't. However, it is still a little red and itchy feeling down there. I'm terrified I have herpes bc I know everything I've described could be symptoms. The spots in my mouth are small and reddish and none as far as I can tell none of them are open or yellow. Is there ANYTHING else it could be besides herpes? And if I kissed someone else after the other guy, but wasnt experiencing these symptoms yet, would he have gotten it and be experiencing symptoms by now? Also, would herpes make my ENTIRE tongue feel sore even where there's no visible bumps? Please help!!! And of course I know I need to go to the doctor but I'm trying to wait until the 10-12 weeks for it to be accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment