Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CAN ANY DOCTORS HELP ME?

So I'm 15 years old and I have had gynecomastia since I was 12.5/13 years old. I'm not overweight, and my nipples are really puffy, so whenever I wear a shirt, it looks like these two round discs are always poking out and it looks awful because the rest of my body is not fat like that. It's always really affected me; I don't have any confidence, I walk with my shoulders slouched which has caused my shoulders to become partially rounded. I only wear dark colored and big clothes, and I haven't swam in a pool with my shirt off for about 2 years, in fact I haven't even swam with a shirt on in about a year. My school uniform is a polo shirt and slacks/shorts, and I can wear two undershirts but my chest still shows through. I really hate this and my father is a doctor, so I asked him about him and he took me to a plastic surgeon. He told me that I could get surgery and walked me through it and said that if I want to wait for it to get better naturally, I would have to wait a minimum of 5 years. 5 YEARS! I really don't want to wait until I'm in college to get rid of this. This is really a problem for me and my dad understands it and has pretty much agreed for me to get it because I've talked about it and he knows how much this affected me. The only problem is my mom, she's totally against it and thinks that it is interfering with nature, when the doctor told me that he has seen a ton of kids my age and even kids younger than me have gotten this surgery. She is a very stubborn woman and I can't figure out how to persuade her. My dad, my mom, and I were supposed to have a discussion about this, but both parents keep putting it off, and my mom says that she will revisit it when I'm 18. She doesn't realize how serious this is for me, and I can't talk to her. Can anyone give me some help? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could just give me some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment